Asian Society of Safety & Health Professionals (ASSHP) sets the following objectives to:
- improve, promote and develop the professional practice of occupational health and safety so as to improve and protect worker health and well-being throughout Asia;
- promote the exchange of information about occupational health and safety among organizations and individuals in Asia;
- improve the caliber of practitioners of occupational health and safety in Asia by promoting and coordinating vocational training and by encouraging the further development of and seeking to promote the status of occupational health and safety as a profession throughout Asia;
- collaborate and cooperate with other societies, national and international organizations in the promotion of occupational health and safety for the protection of work force;
- provide the international voice of the occupational health and safety profession through its recognition as a non-governmental organization (NGO) by the ILO (International Labor Organization) and WHO (World Health Organization); and
- advance and maintain the high level of professional competence through recognition of national accreditation schemes;
- promote and maintain a high standard of ethics in the practice of occupational health and safety internationally.